Monday, April 21, 2008

Today's Top 5

1. Your San Francisco Giants

Hey, guess what? They’re not in last place. Right this second, anyway, the Dodgers are. That’s not going to last, but still.

Maybe they’re not as bad as we thought, though. They won the series against the Cards, who aren’t exactly pushovers, and there’s some reason to be hopeful. John Bowker’s hitting .364 with 3 home runs, Tim Lincecum’s 3-0 with a 1.57 ERA, and even bad old Tyler Walker’s not looking too terrible these days. Playoffs? Not a chance. Fun to watch? Sometimes. Hey, I’ll take it.

2. Valley of the Moon pinot blanc

After freezing our asses off at Zeitgeist yesterday, we went to Andalu for dinner. The food was pretty meh, but this wine was really good.


Here we are on your way from Zeitgeist to Andalu. That's me, second from the left. We already had to eat all our dogs.

3. The shuffle I got on the way to work this morning

Sometimes you just get a really good shuffle. Here was mine:

“Stacks O’ Money” / Eagles of Death Metal / Peace Love Death Metal
“Don’t Buy the Realistic” / Spoon / Soft Effects (EP)
“Don’t Let Me Down” / The Beatles / 1967-1970
“Rise or Fall” / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / Take Them On, On Your Own
“Golden Blunders” / The Posies / Dear 23
“Lovely, Just Like Her” / Irving / Death in the Garden, Blood on the Flowers
“Stay Home” / The Marked Men / Fix My Brain

Swear to God, the Marked Men. After I just saw them on Saturday. Pretty amazing coincidence, considering I have 2900 songs on my iPod.

4. BART

I take BART to work every day. Usually take Muni home. The contrast is startling. The BART trains arrive on – get this – schedule, and the trip from my stop to my work stop is about 5 minutes. BART just works. I wish it went everywhere in SF. In all fairness to Muni, BART doesn't have to contend with double-parked idiots blocking the tracks and that kind of thing, but I don't think I'd stir up a hornet's nest of controversy by suggesting that Muni has some room to improve.

5. It’s supposed to warm up later this week

God, I hope so.

No comments: