Monday, April 7, 2008

Today's Top 5

1. I got all Norman Rockwell last night and made Sunday Dinner - meatloaf with caramelized onions, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and green beans sauteed with shallots. I know, totally Red State, huh? No lemon aioli or truffle oil here. It was good, though!




2. Lucky Number Slevin

Saw it last night. Interesting, obviously Tarantino-esque thriller with Josh Hartnett (actually acting this time), Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley and even Lucy Liu. It's not going to change your life, but worth a look.

3. Weddings I wish I had been invited to

How awesome is this:



Police say a bride and groom spent their first night as a married couple in jail after their wedding party at a Vallejo home got out of hand.


When police had to return a second time to the home Saturday night, officers stunned both the groom and his cousin with a Taser when they both became aggressive towards the officers.


The groom and cousin were arrested for allegedly resisting
arrest.


The bride was taken into custody on suspicion of public intoxication.



"The bride was taken into custody on suspicion of public intoxication" is the first line of a fantastic, as-yet-unwritten song.

4. Spring might actually be here.

It's supposed to be in the 70s by the end of the week. C'mon, global warming, hurry the fuck up!

5. Super Hot Irish Girlfriend

Just 'cause.

In other news, I was at the Dubliner on Saturday night and I met the General Manager of the Virgin Megastore on Market. So I might have mentioned that I was in a band and he, very affably, said, "Why don't you guys do an in-store?" Believe me, that would be great, but I think you typically need a CD to push and, in our case, a bassist. But I said I'd get back to him if we got our shit together. Totally nice guy, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude you should totally play an instore. excuses are boring, and you're not getting any younger.