Monday, June 29, 2009

My brief encounter with a whole lot of lesbians

Even though I've lived in SF for almost 20 years now, I've never been to a Pride parade. That has nothing to do with the gays at all and a lot to do with the fact that for most of those 20 years, I was never been up before noon on a Sunday. Still didn't go this year, although I got up yesterday at about 10:45. That's progress!!!

I did, however, have the occasion to go to the Dyke March on Saturday, mostly due to the fact that Olu lives about a half a block away from the parade route on 18th and was barbequeing some ribs and goat and so I went over there to hang out and drink some beers and check it out.

Pretty amazing. Had to be a few thousand women. Here's a crappy cell phone picture I took:

Check out all those people on the roof of that building at the corner of 18th and Guerrero! One of the signs says "My gym teacher was a dyke," which is probably true for a lot of people.

Anyway, it was kind of awesome and a really warm day and there were a lot of very attractive women marching AND I'M NOT OBJECTIFYING ANYONE I'M JUST SAYING and then we all repaired back to Olu's and drank a lot more and so forth.

The Wife and I had made all these grand plans for yesterday but we realized at about 11 am that they all involved going downtown or by Civic Center, two areas you don't want to go near on the day of the Pride parade. So we hung around the house and watched movies and ordered Japanese food instead. That's a good Sunday.

P.S. I bet the title of this post is going to lead to all sorts of new Google hits.

2 comments:

tangobaby said...

Well, I did come here because of the title.

;-)

DrFeelgood said...

You mean you've never been to a Lilith Fair?