Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One more Giants thing, and that'll be it for a while, I promise

Well, thanks a lot, Giants! As soon as I write a post bemoaning the team's terrible offense, they respond with a 5-run win against the Phillies' Roy Halladay, who is certainly a Very Good Pitcher but if you read the News Media you'd be led to believe is maybe the reincarnation of Sandy Koufax, but with a nastier splitter. BUT ANYWAY the point is, as far as I can tell, that the Giants' offense only comes alive against really good teams. Mediocre teams? Meh, we'll phone it in.

Then they go out and put up a 6-2 win last night against Jamie Moyer, who's like 63 years old and has a 22 mph fastball but still. Offense!

Hey, wanna see the game today? Got $2.30?

Jesus Christ. Tim Lincecum's won 2 Cy Young awards, for Chrissake. I know it's at 12:45 on a Wednesday, but still. TWO CY YOUNG AWARDS. And he has a DOG NAMED CY. HOW CUTE IS THAT.

OH ONE MORE THING:

Thinking about making this the next Product Testing:

Little scared, though.

2 comments:

Tamagosan said...

Yup, the last two games were excellent radio games. But I would say they were good going-to games if I actually went. Feel free to talk smack about the team if it means they'll bring it in the next games...

generic said...

I was about to say that even the worst Giants recap beats the best Bachelor recap and then I thought, "Wait. That's not exactly true."

So now I'm just asking where I hand in my testicles.