Friday, April 23, 2010

My sincere apologies

Let's get meta for a second.

Here's a peek behind the scenes at 40goingon28. Most days, I don't have to sit around and think up something to write. I'm usually so bursting with rage/paranoia/fear/anger/disillusionment that the voices in my head are screaming for release and leaving a comment on SFGate won't do, so I write it here and you read it and I find temporary relief and we all walk away happy. Or angry, or whatever.

Then today I was all "Man, I can't think of anything to write about" and I was poking around the Internets and I liked the story about Lohan's Dad showing up at her house with the cops (especially given her on-the-spot Twitter update ["i have no choice but to make this public, due to my sister's safety, as well as my own, 'my ex-dad' just WALKED INTO MY APT like the devil's"] - and what does that even mean? Loahn has an apartment like the devil's?) but honestly, at this point Lohan defies attempts to make fun of her and I feel for her anyway (CALL ME LINDSAY IF YOU SEE THIS YOU KNOW MY MAKE-A-WISH IS A WEEKEND IN L.A. WITH YOU).

So I was like "What is it? Why isn't anything coming to me?" and I realized that I'm neither (a) drunk, (b) boiling over with rage, (c) the victim of a perceived slight that the perceived slighter may or may not know about, or (d) about to unleash Hate Stares on someone talking on a cell phone at the ATM or walking 4 abreast on the sidewalk. No, you know what?

I'm in an awesome mood. Got my tickets to my first Giants game of the season tomorrow, the sun is shining, having dinner with my Lovely Wife tonight, I know where my car is, no one has wronged me SO FAR TODAY, shit is just going my way.

(Not to say there isn't some stuff going on - remind me to tell you about how my shirts keep disappearing and it's either my laundry guy or someone with a taste for slightly trendy collared shirts is breaking into my house, and also about how my dog boarder dropped my dog off THREE DAYS EARLY when we were out of town but it all turned out OK but still.)

So that's that. I know you come here expecting a certain Product, and that Product may involve some sarcasm and a Fresh and Dystopian View of the World, but I can't deliver today. Shit is just going too well.

We'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: