Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The perils of being Internet-famous. Or I guess knowing someone who's Internet-famous.

So Saturday was Super Hot Irish Girlfriend's bachelorette party thing, for lack of a better term, which consisted of her and 5 of her friends getting a limo (from "Mr. Limo," no joke) and going up to Sonoma and going to a bunch of wineries and seeing who would pass out and/or cry first. I have access to her camera and could technically post pics and in fact even said I would do so on Saturday night but I have since thought the better of it in the harsh light of day and because these girls are my friends too and I would like to keep it that way. But they were good, and you'll have to trust me on that.

So our friend Jessica is kind of Internet-famous now and has 771 followers on Twitter mostly because Adam Savage from Mythbusters is a friend of hers and has like 30,000 followers on Twitter and one day casually mentioned that Jessica is really funny and you should follow her and BLAM all of a sudden 771 followers. NOT LIKE SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE 771 FOLLOWERS ON HER OWN WITH OR WITHOUT ADAM'S HELP BECAUSE SHE TOTALLY SHOULD but I'm just saying that's how it happened.

Now, as it happens, Adam Savage was totally right and Jessica is one of the naturally funniest people I know and her Twitter stream is comic gold, with things like "Person in front of me @ Long's got plastic-bottle vodka, cat food, & adult diapers. I just got a candy bar & a free glimpse of my future."

SO, this is already too long and whatever but on Saturday, Jessica happened to post a picture of the gals on her Twitter stream which is basically like displaying it on a big screen in front of a theater full of strangers and some guy (at least I think it's a guy) who's a complete stranger to us comments on the picture: "Oh, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth."

I guess it's nice to be thought of as drool-worthy, right!?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The perils of having a SHIG.

If you can believe it, at the fourth winery of the day, it never occurred to me NOT to post pictures of our activities on the Internet. I'm just happy I didn't caption them with everyone's social security numbers.