Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Your Bay Area Forecast

Yeah, I'm a Mornings on 2 man. Obvs., it was much better when Frank had the conn, but I understood when he got the call and moved up to the captain's chair when Dennis retired. He deserved it. Over time, I've gotten used to Dave, as difficult as it's been. But, as any Mornings on 2 watcher knows, Steve Paulson is really the star of the show.

His panache whilst delivering the weather! His easy needling of poor Sal Castaneda! Steve is totally The Man.

(Speaking of Sal, is it just me or does he seem tired these days? I see him occasionally doing some spot reporting on the flagship News at 6, so maybe he's burning the candle at both ends a little. From what I heard around town, he used to really burn it at both ends, if you know what I mean. Nudge nudge.)

ANYWAY, this morning something was fucked up over at KTVU ("Looks like the weekend crew's working!" my Dad used to cheerfully say anytime something went wrong on the local news) and there was no sound. Tori was yammering away, but no sound! Frustrating!

So I switched over to lovable underdog KRON 4. KRON used to be the local NBC franchise but then something went wrong and now they mostly show reruns of Dr. Phil and infomercials. It's like a bunch of kids decided to open a TV station in the garage. Charming!

(Don't even get me started on Gary Radnich. He's sort of the sports anchor over there and he usually seems drunk and constantly makes jokes about how KRON is tanking, which it is. I think he's hilarious but YMMV.)

So I'm sorry Steve Paulson but we're breaking up because doing the weather over on Sinking Ship KRON is Evelyn Taft. EVELYN TAFT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

RAWR TIMES A MILLION. "Evelyn Taft grew up speaking Russian with her Moscow-born parents. As a young girl, she remembers learning English by watching 'The Weather Channel.'" Oh, I bet you did, Evelyn Taft. That's how I learned English too! Now say "It's going to be a wet morning" again. Oh yes.

Follow Ev (that's what Mark Damon called her! Ev!) on Twitter here. And be sure to read the comments on the KRON website that follow her bio! So wonderfully creepy!

4 comments:

Skance said...

And with "say "It's going to be a wet morning" again. Oh yes." ,the creepiness continues apace for poor Evelyn Taft. Gawd. Always gotta work blue.

Rocco said...

i am a dedicated KRON 4 watcher. those kids have personality, esp daria and gary. ev is a doll. ktvu suxx. is frank somerville still on? like watching paint dry. this discussion makes me feel v old.

brittneyg said...

CBS 5 once got an email from a viewer congratulating us on hiring the blonde hottie weather chick.

We've got no blonde hottie weather chick.

TK said...

@Brittney -

4's right next to 5. I can how the writer got confused, esp. given the nature of the letter.