Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Morning Staff Meeting

OK, find a seat. Everybody here? We have a lot of ground to cover.

Friday, The Wife and I had dinner at Pi Bar, the newish pizza & beer place on Valencia. Looks like reviews are decidedly mixed, but fuck those douches on Yelp. If I have to hear about how "Wah wah wah there's no good pizza in San Francisco" one more time I'm gonna, I don't know, I'm gonna say something unpleasant or something. I've had pizza in NYC and it's not all that great. Fuck that shit.

Sorry. I'm fine. ANYWAY, Pi Bar has been found by the Urban Hipster Families of the Mission Dist. and by the olds. The pizza was good - not great, good - but the beer was nice (a limited edition Anchor Humming Ale (which I don't know what "humming ale" means but it sounds vaguely dirty)) and the service (we sat at the bar) was outstanding. Props to you, Bartender Girl, for keeping us happy and well-served. You rocked.

Then we decamped to the nearby Dovre Club whereupon we discovered actual Irish guys in an Irish bar. They were shitfaced and hanging with some Latinos and it looked like they had achieved some diplomatic coup because they were hugging a lot and buying each other beers. Ahhh, the beauty of international understanding.

Saturday after band practice we went to Mad Dog and then to Debaser at the Knockout pretty much because they were having a Pixies cover band and who doesn't like a good Pixies cover band? But FUCK I forgot how fucking crowded it gets and I don't like crowds so much any more and so we had to leave.

Last night, of course, was the Mad Men finale, more on which topic later. I was told to wait til Tuesday to post my thoughts on said topic. I will say this: great episode.

That's it. That's enough. Back with actual interesting content later this week.

No comments: