Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Attention single ladies

Here is a service you may want to avail yourselves of:



(I know I've been big on the Internet advertising these past few days, but you gotta go with what's put in front of you.)

"New acquaintance," huh? How coy! Why not just say "That guy at the bar who bought me 3 key lime martinis but who sort of looks like Richard Ramirez and now won't leave me alone and wants to know if I'd like to go camping and WTF we just met like an hour and a half ago!"

So the idea, I gather, with MyNumber is that they supply you with a fake number that forwards calls to your phone and then you can ditch the number when Mr. Pushy keeps calling every 20 minutes or whatever. Genius!

Speaking of fake numbers, did anyone ever use the Rejection Line? The idea is, there's a certain number you give out and when your unwitting recipient calls it, they get a recording telling them they've been DUPED and the person doesn't really want to talk to them. Sounds like a good idea, but I wonder if it's one of those things that's more fun to talk about than actually put into practice and that no one ever uses.

In other Single Lady news, Julian Casablancas is at the Regency Ballroom tonight. Just sayin'. He likes the ladies. And you're unlikely to get shot after a Julian Casablancas show. SHOT BY LOVE MAYBE. Ugh. That was terrible. Just stop.

No comments: