Monday, September 28, 2009

One minute you're on top of the world, the next minute, some secretary's running over you with a lawnmower.



Unbelievable. But that's why he's Brett Favre and you're, well, you.

Caught up with my Mad Men last night, so I finally saw the lawnmower episode from two weeks ago. GROSS. Mad Men's getting weird. Not like that's a bad thing or anything, it just is. That whole thing with the hitchhikers last night - what was that all about? And is Betty a terrible mother or just stressed out?

7 comments:

periqueblend said...

"Listening to these announcers, you'd think Brett Favre cured cancer while on a break from rescuing kittens"

or that he can pull off some absolutely absurdist shit!

TK said...

Yeah, he made me look stupid like an hour after I typed that.

YOU MUST ALL BOW DOWN BEFORE BRETT FAVRE.

Addison said...

So where is the lawnmower clip?

Beth Spotswood said...

Football Schmootball.
Let's talk about Peggy!
I'm with you on Betts. I did not get the fainting couch thing at all and where the hell was Joan? But fucking Duck?!?! Suddenly, I'm on Team Peggy...

TK said...

Hey Spots -

There's a lot of talk about the heavy-handed symbolism of the fainting couch here:

http://www.slate.com/id/2225274/entry/2230477/

The ongoing series in Slate makes for good reading, IMO.

That conversation between Joan and Don in the hospital waiting room was one of the best scenes of the year so far. I found myself wishing that Joan wasn't leaving. But she's not, of course. She's one of the best characters on the show.

OH! One more thing. There was a great interview with Matthew Weiner, Jon Hamm, and John Slattery on "Fresh Air" last week. Do yourself a favor and listen to it:

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13&prgDate=09-25-2009

I guess I need to do a weekly Mad Men post now.

Beth Spotswood said...

Oh, hot tips!
And yes. You need to do a weekly Mad Men post now. Thank you in advance...

DrFeelgood said...

That episode was all about me getting my mojo back.