Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am writing this from a strange and distant land.

As you may have gathered, I'm out of the office. I've returned, as I am wont to do once in a while, to my ancestral homeland.


(L-R: Me, Dad, The Sister, some relatives)

So here's how it goes down here: there are thrice-daily trips to the grocery store; a lot of cooking; a lot of eating; and then a lot of sitting on the back porch and drinking wine. Wine that's left over from the wedding, at this point.


Speaking of, we had a lot of wine left over. Like almost 5 cases. So I boxed up 2 of them and took them to the UPS Store to send back to SF. As it turns out, it's fucking expensive! Like $50 a case to ship. Still cheaper than buying it over again, I guess. Guy at the UPS Store says, "What are you sending, bricks?" And I laughed ruefully and said, "Yeah, I'm sending a house back there on the installment plan" and he laughed and laughed.

P.S. Everyone in the South is on their cell phone ALL THE FUCKING TIME. There is SO MUCH to talk about here that it takes 24/7 cell phone talking to get 'r dun.

I'll be back on Monday, so don't freak out. We're having our own personal Burning Man here, if you replace "large burning wooden man" with "22 inch Weber grill" and "3 hits of ecstasy" with "2 bottles of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc."

No comments: