Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thanks for the great advice, Pope!

I know, I know, going to the Pope for sex advice is like asking a turtle to drive you home, but this time El Popo has really gone too far. We all know how much he hates condoms because, I guess, they keep people from getting pregnant or whatever. Hey, that's fine. You want to subscribe to an outdated belief system that was more or less designed to keep women subjugated by keeping them either pregnant or continuously raising small children, I guess that's your problem. But don't give me this bullshit about AIDS:
"You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms," the pope told reporters aboard the Alitalia plane heading to Yaounde. "On the contrary, it increases the problem."
Really? You're going to spread this shit around? Because I can't think of any possible way using a condom can increase the spread of AIDS. Why don't you tell that to women who are forced into sexual slavery? I'm sure they'd love to hear that, well, they're just going to have to live with getting AIDS because some German guy in a dress who's never had sex thinks that's the best thing for them.

Here's all I ask: Believe in God or aliens or space monkeys or anything you want, but when you've got a global audience, at least refrain from spreading misinformation that can kill people.

No comments: