Friday, May 22, 2015

Is this the most expensive AirBnB in San Francisco?

Why pay $2,700 a night for a one-bedroom suite at the Four Seasons on Market when you could get a whole house?  Villainous, city-ruining AirBnB is here to help.  Sure, you could get some crappy studio in Lower Pac Heights for $175 a night, but we're ballers and we don't roll like that.  So I wanted to find out: WHAT'S THE MOST EXPENSIVE AIRBNB IN SF?

METHODOLOGY: I picked some dates more or less at random and then slid the money slider over to the top. Science!

The MOST expensive rental I came up with was the Payne Mansion, which features 17,000 square feet, 10 bedrooms and 2 industrial kitchens for $4249 a night, which actually seems PRETTY FUCKING REASONABLE for all that.  I mean, Christ, put a couple in each bedroom and that's only $106 a head.  20 drunk people frolicking in the "Gran Ballroom"!  Sounds like fun!  But that doesn't count because it's already a hotel and shouldn't even be on AirBnB in the first place.

The most expensive real person house I found was a "roomy, beautiful Pacific Heights/Cow Hollow 4 bedroom home" for $2128 a night.  It looks OK, I guess.


It's being rented out by "Erica" - IF THAT'S HER REAL NAME - from "TurnKey Vacation Rentals, a full service property management company based out of Austin, Texas," so I guess all that cash isn't even staying in California.  I would say that this represents all the reasons people hate AirBnB but sinec this place would likely be occupied by some rich Facebook dbag, it's probably a wash.

I mean, it's fine?  It's got 4 bedrooms and a large soaking tub and some kind of head statue in the living room that I definitely wouldn't want to look at if I was on mushrooms.


But over 2 grand a night?  I don't think so.  Especially when you can have this for $1144 a night:


Now we're talking.  a 3-bedroom penthouse on Telegraph Hill.  Oh my God I want to move into that photo and live there forever.  And it has parking!  In North Beach!  Madre de dios.

Even so, I thought I would find some really ridiculous prices, like some dude's place at the Infinity for $10,000 a night or something.  Fuck, the Presidential Suite at the Ritz Carlton is $6000 a night and probably doesn't have any weird head sculptures at all.  Pick up your game, AirBnBers!

5 comments:

Greg said...

these are all "nice" but when I travel I want service and the security that everything is taken care of by people who know what they are doing.

when I went to Venice Beach last year, sure I could have done an AirBnB or whatevs, but instead I stayed a real hotel with REAL room service and real amenities. Plus it was right on the boardwalk and had a great restaurant and a deal with a neighboring bar where I could bill my tab to my room.

Fuck AirBnB.

Billy Joel said...

We can proudly say that Airbnb is offering life For us because they are just offering homes for a night at cheaper cost which would be helpful for a lot of people living around California.
Josiah Declan

Blogger said...

Do you need free Twitter Re-tweets?
Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FOR FREE by using Add Me Fast?

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

Follow our signals right now & make up to 270% per day.

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you must watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?