Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sorry I've been away

Honestly, I've been sick as fuck.

This all started Thursday night after a seemingly pleasant dinner and then drinks with some friends at mini-Austin and then I went home and went to bed and WHAMMO woke up at 2:30 a.m. sweaty and nauseous and all kinds of other bad shit.

Same on Friday and Saturday and Sunday and pretty much Monday.  At first I thought it was food poisoning but now I think it was some kind of flu because of how long it lasted.  Anyway, struggled back in to work today so they remember who I am and what I do around here and so that's why I haven't posted anything in a while.

Lying there shivering pouring sweat out of every pore and praying for death I did get some good blog post ideas though so stay tuned.

Now all that's left is an INCREDIBLY painful totally clogged left ear which I've been trying to treat via various bullshit recommendations from the Internet.  I know, not exactly South Sudan, but it hurts.  I'm sure it'll get better.

So that's about it.  I rarely get sick like this so it's really upset the whole herd.  Gotta give mad props to The Wife for basically doing everything while I lay in bed moaning/reading Countdown City/napping/alternating between uncontrollable shivering and gushing sweat like a fat guy in a sauna/not sleeping at all at night.  She's an angel sent from heaven.

The baby, eh, she wasn't really any help at all.

We'll be back soon.

2 comments:

GG said...

Just FYI I got a clogged ear in May and finally went to the doctor after it hadn't cleared up in 2 weeks, and she basically told me to wait because sometimes it takes a couple months (!!!) to resolve itself. There are options to deal with it at that point but they're not without risk ( because they involve poking a hole in your eardrum (!!!) so really I should just wait a while. It finally cleared up after a month but I was basically half-deaf until then.

Anyway, glad you are okay!

TK said...

GG - I'm off to the doctor myself in a few minutes. I would gladly accept half-deaf (which, after years of shows and band practices in confined spaces, I am anyway) but this blockage comes equipped with HEAD-SPLITTING pain and pressure, along with loss of balance and occasional falls. And a constant tone that I think is an E.