Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My favorite tweets of 2013

I meant to do this annually, but I did it once in 2010 and forgot.  Anyway, I feel like it's been a while and I need to post something and I don't really have anything substantive to say.

(You don't want to hear about recycling poachers any more, but let me just say that my next-door neighbor has invented a new way to make recycling poaching even more annoying.  Last night he waited until the RP was outside on the sidewalk and then rained down empty cans from his second-story window, like a medieval townsman emptying a chamber pot, except instead of shit it was empty aluminum cans that pinged off the sidewalk like TINK! TINK! TINK! while the RP scrabbled around scooping them all up.  Unbelievable.)

Without further ado.




The look on the dog's face.





That's one of my favorite tweets of all time, actually.






Topical!


I'm a big fan of the "Girl are you" and the "Girl you can call me" tweetforms.


I just found this one a couple of days ago, even though it's from July, and have been laughing about it ever since.






The Wife and I both laugh every time someone mentions this tweet, which is a lot in our house.


Strong contender for best tweet of the year.
See you next year! I promise to work harder on the content side.

5 comments:

Amanda Guest said...

That's my dog! <3 <3 <3

TK said...

That's what I thought! He famous now.

GG said...

"You don't want to hear about recycling poachers any more"

WRONG! I absolutely want to keep hearing about this!!! I'm not even being sarcastic!

Tamagosan said...

I'm with GG. Also I'd like to complain about Recology who robocalled me on two consecutive mornings to explain that if your day is Wednesday or after, your pick-up will be one day later. Our pick-up day is Tuesday (or Monday all night long if you ask the RPs). My hiked rates at work!

Anonymous said...

I feel special.