Friday, August 5, 2011

Fox has now completely Onionized itself

From Fox Nation (via Dave Weigel on Slate):



I normally wouldn't even touch this because, hey Fox News and all, but it appears that they have finally rounded the corner into complete and total self-parody and I thought I'd just leave this here as a marker of that event.

This cracks me up, obviously, and not just because it's a transparently racist sop to hardcore conservatives but also because WHEN DID CHARLES BARKLEY AND CHRIS ROCK START RAPPING? God, I hope they aren't rapping.

Also, just because everyone loves a good counterfactual, can you imagine if NPR ran a headline like "George Bush's redneck hootenanny fails to stop terrorism" or "Dick Cheney's wild gunfire party fails to prevent fellow plutocrat from getting face half blown off"? I mean, I think NPR would be a lot more entertaining if they did that, but no, you can't imagine that.

But hey, "fair and balanced"!

5 comments:

Stoney said...

Maybe they confused them for Gnarls Barkley and Pete Rock.

.tupouleota. said...

I'm sure Fox was convinced the punch was really Kool-Aid.

periqueblend said...

I was going to say that I wished you'd read the comments on that 'article' and written about that, but we already know what they say.

Stephen said...

Don't forget DJ Pelosi & MC Rahm Emanuel - the hip, the hop, the hippy to the hop and you don't stop!

Shee-it, Old Crazy Tom Hanks made it too!

OMFG, it looks like University of Chicago Hospital Vice-President (and baggy-panted impresario of up-and-coming SwagLife Recording Company) Dr. Eric Whitaker made it too. Shit just got r-izz-eal.

Tamagosan said...

The Fox News music affiliate radio station on Guam (which was also a weird Jesus station sometimes that played the super-scary Focus on the Family segments that appealed to the socially conservative Catholics on island but which also played songs I liked so I would end up listening to but then freaking out when the talking part came on) had a motto: We Report, You Decide. Of course it should have been: We Decide, We Report, You Think You Decide... details, details...