Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tell me what you think about this parking situation

I need to get your opinion on something.

The curb in front of my house is big enough to park 2 cars between the garages on either side of me. A little while ago, some chick rented the garage next door. She's using it as an art studio or something. Anyway, since she rented it, she has pretty much taken over ownership of the 2 street spaces. Her car and 2 scooters are always fucking parked there. ALWAYS. There's street cleaning every 2 weeks and she moves them temporarily for that and then BOOM right back. Like she owns the fucking spaces or something.

I think it's just a dick move. I mean, yeah, of course, I'm not entitled to the parking space in front of my house, but it would still be nice to have a crack at it once in a while. Plus, it's technically illegal to leave your car parked in the same spot for 2 weeks, but I'm not gonna rat her out to DPT or anything.

So what do you think? Is she cool or is she being a dick?

10 comments:

daisy said...

She probably hasn't even thought of the fact that she's being inconsiderate.

Why don't you stop by, introduce yourself, and talk to her about it?

Also: ew. That might be the most rational thing I've ever said. The real me thinks you should call the DTP. That's what I'd do.

idrumgood said...

Don't even talk to me about this shit. Did you know in Chicago when there's snow on the ground, it's legal to save a spot by putting furniture in the street?! Yea, that's right. You clear out the space, and then put a couple lawn chairs there while you're at work. And it's legal. I can't wait till it's warm enough to bike again...

TK said...

@Daisy -

You scared me for a second there.

@Urgack -

I just found out about the Chicago/snow/furniture thing yesterday!

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2010/02/21/can-you-dig-it/

Greg said...

She is being lame. She can't steal a free parking spot and use it 100% of the time.

Put it another way - if you or I did this you know we'd get ratted out and get a ticket. So, bascially, art chick sucks.

Rachel said...

She might not realize she is being obnoxious, but she is. You should go talk to her, and if it still doesn't help, call the DPT. If she's just using the studio for her art and stuff, does she even have a parking permit for your neighborhood?
PS - as a former Bostonian, I think it's perfectly fine to reserve spaces you have shoveled out. This is how we used to do it.

Rocco said...

first world problems. anyway, when my (bitch) neighbor used to repeatedly park her fucking scooter right on top of my car, or double park it and fuck up the spacing, i left a note on the seat. it worked. and a month later, she moved.

Akit said...

SF Appeal asked answered a great question about this problem titled: "How Long Can I Leave My Vehicle Unattended?"

http://sfappeal.com/news/2009/11/ask-the-appeal-how-long-can-i-leave-my-vechicle-unattended.php

I'd say, give it one week, then rat out!

generic said...

I think Akit totally solved your problem. I'd put dated copies of that Appeal post in envelopes on each of the vehicles. Once she reads the post, she'll know the ordinance, know her neighbors are watching, and know the clock is ticking.

It's anonymous, yet courteous. After the 7 days, if she's still being cunty, all bets are off.

TK said...

I was kinda hoping that she read my blog so I wouldn't have to do anything.

Thanks for the advice, though, kids!

toddx said...

I vote "dick." But, there's probably not anything you can legally do. If she's there when the spot is available, then it's first-come, first-served, right?

But, if I can channel my "inner-daisy," I would say call DPT, too, and report her stuff as abandoned. :)