Tuesday, December 9, 2014

THE FORECAST IS FOR RAIN

Anchor Drone (chuckling): Thanks for the report, Kenny.  It's nice to know not every police beating has to be a sad story.  Now let's talk to meteorologist Skip Hapless at Weather Center 10000 who's tracking a fast-moving storm heading for our area!

Skip Hapless: HAVE YOU MADE YOUR PEACE WITH GOD?


Anchor Drone: What's that, Skip?

Skip Hapless: ARE YOU PURIFIED?  ARE YOU READY TO STAND BEFORE THE LORD?  HAVE YOU CLEANED YOUR GUTTERS?

Anchor Drone: What does the storm look like, Skip?

Skip Hapless: It will make Armageddon look like a free cone at Coldstone Creamery.  Lashing sheets of rain will pelt and destroy wildlife.  Your loved ones will cling to trees and pray for death.  THIS WILL BE A MAJOR WEATHER EVENT.

Anchor Drone: How much rain can we expect, Skip?

Skip Hapless; IF ONLY NUMBERS WENT THAT HIGH. POURING, GUSHING RAIN. MORE WATER THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE. ALL IS LOST.

Anchor Drone: Sounds like this might affect the morning commute!

Skip Hapless: WHAT COMMUTE. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND. COMMUTE TO HELL.  WE WILL ALL BE COMMUTING TO HELL ON A ROADWAY OF LIQUID DEATH.

Anchor Drone: That was Skip Hapless with the weather.

7 comments:

GG said...

I just had a coworker tell me today that he is planning on working from home on Thursday. Uh, because it will be *raining*? Really?

TK said...

I'm going to a show Thursday night and earlier I thought "Hmm, maybe I shouldn't go, the weather," and then I remembered IT'S JUST FUCKING RAIN and I WON'T DIE.

But shows you how much they get into your brain.

That being said, if your co-worker takes Muni then I am behind his/her decision 100% because Muni fucking sucks ass when it rains.

Dusty Modern said...

We will rebuild.

Michael Strickland said...

Well, I'm flying the Alaska Airlines Seattle/SF/Palm Springs flight on its way back home tomorrow evening on the Palm Springs-SF leg, and not only will the flight be hours late, but WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

Rachel said...

And now they're closing SF schools for Thursday? I don't know if I'm afraid to wake up tomorrow, or if I should be rolling my eyes (and buying a rain poncho).

the default attorney said...

I'm considering working from home tomorrow because I commute between SF and Novato. There were a few flooded 101 on ramps last week, as well as a good number of people who do not understand that you need to slow down in inclement weather. I enjoy being alive.

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER get back...