Friday, August 22, 2008

Korean BBQ truck, why hast thou forsaken me?

Sufficiently intrigued by the concept of a Korean BBQ truck, and having read the semi-promising Yelp reviews of said operation, Olu and I headed down to Embarcadero and Bryant today to try it out.

One problem: it never showed.




This is what it would have looked like if it showed. Imagine the guy with the ponytail is Olu, saying "Damn! That's some good Korean barbeque!"

WTF? According to the somewhat primitive website, Seoul on Wheels is supposed to *POOF* magically appear at Embarcadero and Bryant on Fridays betwixt 12:30 and 1:45. We were there at 12:30, Seoul on Wheels. Where the hell were you? Where's my goddam spicy pork and kimchee?

So we said fuck it and went to Red's Java House instead.


It was fine, I guess. Beautiful day, so natch, all the outdoor tables were taken.

On another note, do you ever remember any selection of a VP being laden with this much drama and anticipation? It's like everything in this election so far has to be so fucking drawn out and tense. Just pick someone and get it over with. Jesus.

On still another note, I never bought tickets to the Outside Lands Festival which, if you haven't heard, starts today. Now I'm kinda wishing I was going if, for nothing else, just to see the spectacle. Super Hot Irish Girlfriend and I are in negotiations to maybe go Sunday now. I wouldn't mind seeing Broken Social Scene and Andrew Bird and Wilco and Rogue Wave, I guess. Jack Johnson can suck it, though.

1 comment:

Rocco said...

korean roach coach? S K E T C H Y.