Monday, July 28, 2008

A partial guide to what I did this weekend, in reverse order

Why is it that every time I go to a game, the Giants lose? Seriously, I don't know if I've seen a winning game this season, and I think I've been to at least 5 or 6 games.

Naturally, with Fail pitching, the odds weren't great that they were going to win, but c'mon. It's like they weren't even trying. The worst part about this game is that it was just fucking BORING. Even with beers.

Fail warming up before the game. He's thinking "Man, I hope I don't suck as much as usual."

And so it was. The only bright spot was young Freddy Lewis, who became the first left-handed batter to go 4-for-4 against Randy Johnson. Ever. For some reason, the Hall of Fame didn't request his cleats and cap. Oh well.

Saturday night I found myself at Mission Bar with Super Hot Irish Girlfriend and some associates. I was going to take some pictures but my friend Olu loudly exclaimed that he "didn't know this was a 23-year-old girl's birthday party" and so I had to take pictures with the flash off instead. They didn't come out very well.

You know what's great about Mission Bar? I ordered an Absolut and soda and a beer and it was $7.25. Try doing that at one of your fancy, working-bathroom bars, you snob. I loves me some Mission Bar.

No comments: