Monday, January 17, 2011

FREE RICKY

I fucking love Ricky Gervais.



So it appears some people are really mad at Ricky Gervais about how mean he was to the Important Celebrities last night and now they won't let him host the Golden Globes again. Before Ricky Gervais hosted the Golden Globes, it never crossed my mind to watch it. If they can him, I can't think of any reason to watch it again. He makes the fucking show.

Rumor on the street is that he's already been fired; his reps say, winningly, that that's "rubbish." I hope it's not true.

4 comments:

Fen said...

Count me in your camp. I watched more of the Golden Globes last night because of Ricky Gervais (who I didn't particularly care for before last night).

Awards shows in general are about as exciting as watching paint dry. He made it entertaining because he doesn't give a damn who he pisses off.

Tamagosan said...

He rocks in general, but I think it's all about Americans not knowing how to take sarcasm. We need more roasts...

your HSR host said...

Would it have been better to say "and the other is Tim Allen, who parlayed a one-joke comedy act into a mediocre but popular sitcom." What else has Tim Allen done?

TK said...

Well, in all fairness, Tim Allen is also the voice of Buzz Lightyear in the Toy Story movies, endearing him to children and geeks for all time.